As a non-profit organization, the Smyrna Opera House relies on the assistance of a dedicated and active volunteer base. The Guild is the main Opera House volunteer group consisting of an enthusiastic and hard-working corps of individuals. If it were not for the dedication and service of The Guild members, the Opera House would not be where it is today.
The purpose of The Guild shall be:
- Establish the Smyrna Opera House as the premiere arts center in central Delaware.
- To promote good public relations between the Smyrna Opera House and the community.
- To render volunteer services to the Smyrna Opera House when requested.
- Maintain form and functions of the Smyrna Opera House.
The Guild meets the first Wednesday of every month at 1:00 p.m. in the Opera House auditorium. If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please fill out a registration form or call the Opera House at (302) 653-4236.
Listed below are some of the Opera House volunteer opportunities:
- Performances – The Smyrna Opera House typically presents at least two performances per month (sometimes more). Volunteers are needed as Box Office assistants, ushers, ticket takers, and parking lot attendants.
- Annual Arts Cotillion – The Arts Cotillion is the Opera House’s major annual fundraising event.
- Rentals – The Smyrna Opera House is available for rental purposes – weddings, receptions, business meetings, seminars, anniversaries, birthday parties, etc. In order for the renter to have a point of contact, a volunteer is needed to serve as a House Sitter.